Working in partnership with Board Certified Pulmonologist Dr. Magdy Wahba, our healthcare professionals are trained to provide specialized care and services to patients with a variety of acute and chronic lung disorders.
The main goal of our Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is to reduce the need for hospitalization and re-hospitalization.
Specifically, our program aims to:
- Reduce pulmonary symptoms
- Decrease disability
- Increase participation in physical & social activities
- Promote independence & quality of life
- Coordinated effort and establishment of working communication between all involved parties, including hospital, practitioner, SNF, Home Health and Outpatient Services
- Knowledgeable staff at our center partnering with patient and family/caregiver to manage the respiratory disease
- Tracking of common metrics with root cause analysis to minimize the progression of debilitating symptoms by combining exercise, breathing retraining and dietary management
- Oversight of program by recognized pulmonology specialty leadership of Dr. Magdy Wahba
- Regular coordinated follow-up post-discharge by center’s respiratory staff including monitoring program compliance, physician visit adherence and the potential need for additional education and or support
- Physical and Occupational Therapy 7 days per week as ordered
- Onsite Respiratory Therapy
- 24 Hour Licensed Nursing Supervision
- Routine Physician Evaluations
- Interdisciplinary Care Planning involving
- Patient & Family/Caregiver Support
- Patient, Family & Caregiver Education/Training
- Discharge Planning & Post-Discharge Follow-up Visit
Through treatment and education, our team of professionals assists patients in a better understanding of their conditions, enabling them to enjoy independence and improved quality of life.